CNC Machinist – Weekend Days & Nights
- Makes high quality parts to specifications.
- Helps develop workable methods for machining operations.
- Makes proper use of machines, tooling and inspection equipment.
- Sets up, machines and inspects all required operations.
- Proficient at inspecting sizes and geometries down to .0002”.
- Provides leadership and guidance to less experienced machinists to upgrade their machining, inspection and problem solving skills.
- Proficient on manual and CNC mills, manual and CNC lathes, hand filing, and deburring process.
- Proficient at programming and makes full use of all the CNC control functions.
- Develops effective methods.
- Sets up tools and fixtures.
- Selects and uses inspection equipment and techniques.
- Interpret drawings and specifications.
- Determines acceptability of quality of work.
- Resolves process issues.
- Deburrs and finishes at a high level of quality.
- Meets time and quality standards.
- Seeks out additional duties when it is needed.
- Brings up potential problems with suggested solutions.
- Promotes a positive environment through what is said and by setting an example.
Education/Experience: Graduate of related two-year vocational school program and three years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills: Mechanical aptitude
Training: OSHA Right to Know and Quality management system orientation.