- Complete FAI, WIP, Receiving and Final inspections using mechanical and vision system measuring equipment.
- Maintain the nonconforming product hold area.
- Train the workforce on the proper care and use of inspection equipment and techniques to assure product conformance.
- Has active role on quality control team including internal audit program.
- Assist with CMM operation as required by the work load.
- Performs calibrations to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment.
- Understands the basics of metrology (i.e.: 10:1 ratio rule) and how to mechanically inspect product using hand/visual inspection equipment.
- Have the ability to interpret and apply ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Understands and knows how to use a sampling plan.
- Ability to interpret and communicate manufacturing standards.
- Communicates involvement and results of quality control activities throughout the organization.
- Equipment Calibration
- Sets up equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Completes sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment and inspects components for defects.
- Measures equipment parts for conformity with specifications.
- Align, repair, replace, and balance component parts.
- Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
- Develop, support, and helps maintain company’s quality management system.
Graduate of two-year vocational school program or two years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mechanical aptitude, detail oriented. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulatory, scientific, and technical documents. This person must be comfortable communicating quality requirements to suppliers, customers, and employees. Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and quality management software to enhance productivity and quality of work. Has the ability to multitask.
OSHA Right to Know, Quality Management System orientation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance, Communication, Sampling Plans, Metrology, and Auditing.